Students must complete a total of 58 credit hours, maintain a minimum 2.0 overall GPA, and earn a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the 9 required hours and an overall 2.0 in all their major courses. Students must complete 30 hours of approved courses. Majors must complete all university and college requirements for graduation. These include cluster or GEC requirements, foreign language requirements, fine arts and international studies requirements. For the complete list of university and college requirements, see the appropriate advisor’s checklist (below):
- WGST 170 Introduction to Women’s Studies (3 hr.)
- WGST 330 Feminist Theory (3 hr.) Prerequisite for WGST 330 is WGST 170
- WGST 360 Queer Theory (3 hr.)
- WGST 484 Seminar (3 hr.) Prerequisites for WGST 484 are WGST 170 and 3 electives or instructor’s consent.
- Minimum 9 credit hours of advanced electives (courses numbered at 300 or 400 level) from the current list of approved courses & instructors.
- A maximum of 9 hours of intermediate (100 or 200 level) courses from the list of approved courses & instructors.
- No more than 6 hours from one department (WGST courses exempted).
- Up to two 3-hour approved courses from student’s second major (or minor) may also count toward the major in women’s studies.
- Six hours of WGST 495 Independent study or WGST 491 Field Experience, or WGST 490 (Practicum) may substitute for one elective course.