REQUIRED COURSES effective Fall 2017 (6 HOURS):
- WGST 170 Introduction to Women’s Studies (3 hr.)
- WGST 330: Feminist Theory (3 hr.) OR WGST 360 Queer Theory (3 hr.)
ELECTIVE COURSES effective Fall 2017 (9 HOURS)
- Three courses from list of approved courses & instructors
- No more than 3 hours at the 100 or 200 level.
- Six upper division hours (courses numbered 300 or above).
- No more than 6 hours from one department (WGST courses exempted).
- Three hours of WGST 495 Independent study or 3 hours of WGST 491 Field Experience or 3 hours of WGST 190 Teaching Practicum may substitute for one elective course.
- Optional Areas of Concentration Include: Women’s Health & Sexuality; Women’s History; Women’s Literature.
- 12 of the 15 credits must be unique to the minor
- 2.0 in the 15 hours of women’s studies course work. (No requirement for overall GPA).